‘Health is wealth’ is a well-known saying indicating the significance of sound health. One of the easy solutions that one can offer for the modern stressful lifestyle is yoga. Yoga brings inner peace, strength, durability, and calmness. It has physical and mental benefits. Yoga has so many antidotes, we must engage in it. That becomes possible only when you have the right equipment.
Best Cheap Yoga Mats
A yoga mat is a prime requirement before you start on your journey. When many yoga mats are available in the market, choosing the right one becomes difficult. This write-up brings you various yoga mats available in the Indian market at economical prices.
Check also: Best Yoga Mat for Carpet (Highly Recomended)
1) Balanceform Go Yoga is an all-purpose Yoga mat
On a fitness journey, finding beneficial products at economical prices is rare. To partner with you on your journey Balanceform presents you with their collection of yoga mats that will help you have a comfortable fitness journey.
- Both sides of the mat are slip-resistant which makes it easier to use either of them.
- It is made of high-density foam material that prevents injury during any exercise.
- Moisture-resistant technology used in making these mats makes it easier for us to wash them.
- Lightweight and easy to carry
- Easy to wash
- A free carry strap is cheery on top.
- Must not be washed in a washing machine.
2) Mind Reader yoga PVC-BLK all-purpose yoga mat
Lack of stability sometimes makes exercise difficult; the mind reader brings you their exclusive collection of all-purpose mats that provide more steadiness and balance during strenuous exercise. Then why wait for the right time when you got the right deal.
- It is made of high-quality PVC compared to other yoga mats available on the market.
- A carrying strap is supplied along with the mat, making it easier to carry it to various exercise classes.
- It has a high density which makes it durable. Also, they are light in weight, making them more portable and easier to carry.
- Good grip and grasp
- Large size
- Extra thick
- Easy to wash
- The textured surface allows more hold on to the surface.
- Heavy when compared to other mats.
3) CAMBIVO extra-thick yoga mat
Are you a yoga enthusiast? Then you must be wondering how to choose the right yoga mat. Though we might excel at the asanas when the equipment does not hold up, all the effort goes to vain. So, it is necessary that we choose the right products. CAMBIVO generates those perfect yoga mats at economical prices.
- The thickness of the mat varies from 6mm to 10mm, customers can choose among them according to their comfort.
- It is made of TPE material which is more advantageous when compared to PVC.
- It has a cushioning effect at all the bony prominence like the elbow, knee, and hips.
- Double-sided non-slip surface
- Nontoxic and eco-friendly
- Initially, it may roll up while using due to TPE material
- It has a slight odor which fades on usage.
- It can only be used for barefoot exercises.
4) Bean products yoga mat
Hey fitness freaks, if floor exercises are your favorite then the proper selection of mats would make your task easier. Bean products present to you yoga mats of the right thickness. So, bring out the best in you by using these mats.
- It is made of cotton and recycled PVC, which makes it more eco-friendly.
- It is provided with a harness carry strap that makes it easier to carry.
- These straps can also be used for stretching yoga, allowing easy grip and improved poses.
- Thick enough to provide support to the bony prominences.
- Provides comfort and a grip on the floor.
- It is economical and reasonable.
- Dries out quickly.
- Due to a compromise on price, the quality might decrease.
5) Cap yoga mat with carrying strap and Ginko design
The market is flooded with yoga mats of different styles, colors, and thicknesses. In such a situation, confusion to choose the right one becomes inevitable. The Cap yoga mat serves your purpose and helps you to narrow down your options.
- It is 5mm thick, making it suitable for all kinds of workout gyms, homes, and studios.
- The material used is durable and resistant to wear and tear.
- It is designed to prevent skidding, which helps the customer to perform exercises comfortably without worrying about slipping off the surface.
- Provided with straps that make it easier to transport the mat to different places.
- It is of premium quality and optimum size and length.
- It can be used for any floor exercise, from complicated pilates to Simple yoga poses.
- The Ginko design may be washed away on cleaning.
- It takes time to lay flat wholly.
6) Wakeman fitness yoga mat with carrying strap
Tired of various recommendations given by your colleagues to buy different yoga mats, you must try the Wakeman fitness yoga mat that offers comfort and convenience for all sizes and shapes performing any exercise.
- It is 71’’ long and 24’’ wide making it suitable for all kinds of body shapes and sizes.
- It is lightweight with sweat-resistant technology.
- They can be used for all purposes like pilates, exercises, and yoga.
- It is made of NBR foam that enhances your performance while performing different exercises.
- Thick enough to protect bony prominences
- It has double-sided foam making it more durable.
- Traveling and camping with the mat becomes super easy as it is supplied with carrying straps.
- It should be washed manually.
- It is photodegradable.
7) Primasole Yoga Mat
Selecting a yoga mat that suits your workout style is difficult. Sometimes it becomes difficult to select among so many options available in the market. Different brands offer mats of different styles and colors. Here we have a collection of yoga mats by Primasole that may help you make an informed choice.
- It is made of an eco-friendly material called polymer environmental resin (PER), it does not generate harmful products on incineration.
- The mat has a horizontal stripe pattern that helps to provide a better grip.
- Unlike other mats, it is 10mm thick and durable but light in weight.
- Environment friendly
- Durable but light in weight
- A carrying case and strap are provided along with it
- Perfect size for all kinds of exercise
- It has an odor during the initial days which later fades.
8) Gaiam essentials premium yoga mat
Yoga is one such exercise that is accessible and affordable to every one of us. An affordable yoga mat would make your yoga journey much easier and more beautiful. Gaiam essentials make its customers a top priority helping them chose the best yoga mat with proper quality checks at affordable prices.
- It has a sticky non-slippery texture, available in various colors with excellent grip.
- Carrying sling is a bonus with which you can strap up your mat.
- It is made of PVC but does not contain any harmful phthalates.
- Due to its extra thickness, it has a cushioning effect on different joints.
- Extra-long and thick.
- Reduced slippage and provides extra traction.
- Variety of colors
9) Amazon Basics extra-thick yoga mat
Yoga is a new trend, these days people of all age groups are giving it a shot. When these floor exercises are on-demand, without the right mat our effort to succeed on this fitness journey is in vain. I suggest you try these extra thick yoga mats by Amazon Basics.
- It is made of sturdy foam but light in weight and strong.
- It is extra thick to protect the body from hard surfaces and ridden floors.
- The carry strap can be used to roll it up easily and carry it from the gym to home.
- Shock absorption, extra support, and comfort.
- Numerous colors.
- Used barefoot
- Slippery when wet.
10) Ewedoos alignment lines yoga mat
When doing yoga proper alignment is a prerequisite, without alignment, neither posture nor balance can be maintained. To get rid of this problem Ewedoos has put forward yoga mats with alignment lines on them for proper stability.
- It is manufactured using TPE (Thermoplastic Elastomers) material which is safer when compared to PVC and cotton.
- It is closed cell surface technology that locks in dust and moisture keeping the foul smell at bay.
- They add more value to your practice with a free strap for easy transport
- Waterproof and easy to wash
- Eco-aware material
- Exerts traction
Some of the things you must look into before you buy the yoga mat include:
- Yoga mats are usually PVC, rubber, jute, and cotton.
- Mats made of PVC are thin and cheap but highly carcinogenic.
- If you want a more eco-friendly option, mats made of rubber, cotton, and jute might be the best for you.
- Thickness-Usually, mats made of rubber are thicker and provide more cushioning than mats made of PVC. A thickness of 3mm to 8mm is considered ideal for the activity.
- Friction- when performing yoga, it is necessary to have a mat with good traction to avoid slipping due to sweat. Furthermore, the yoga mat should have properly adhered to the ground.
Some of the products that can be viewed under this category include:
1) What is the ideal thickness for a knee-friendly yoga mat?
- A) An ideal thickness for a yoga mat depends on the kind of yoga, if you do meditative yoga then mats of 3-5mm are suitable for complex poses mats with greater thickness are recommended.
2) The yoga mats made of which material are the best?
- A) Yoga mats made of cork material and cotton are preferred over PVC, thick rubber, and latex.
3) Is it important to use a yoga mat for floor exercises?
- A) Yoga mat protects your joints against traction on the hard floor. Thus, helping you to perform your asanas with flexibility.
4) How do yoga mats differ from exercise mats?
- A) Yoga mats are thinner, lighter, and have more gripping power when compared to exercise mats.
5) How to wash a yoga mat neat and clean?
- A) Most of the yoga mats are to be cleaned manually with soap and water. This technique removes most of the dirt. Detergents can also be used to wash them.
6) Why do some of the yoga mats smell weird?
- A) Some yoga mats are made of rubber latex smell during the initial days of usage but later the smell fades away.
7) What is the amount that can be invested in buying a yoga mat?
- A) A minimum amount that can be invested is 20 dollars, a maximum of up to 100 dollars.
8) How to protect the yoga mat from getting rolled up?
- A) Some materials used to make these mats inherently roll up, to avoid this problem mats made of stiff material are used. Otherwise, initially weights can be put on the sides of the mat for it to prevent folding.
9) Can we use knee pads along with the yoga mat?
- A) Yes, knee pads can be used along with the yoga mats to protect the knee joints by cushioning effect.
10) Can we exercise on the yoga mat with shoes on?
- A) Shoes cause wear and tear to the mats. If the mats are tear-resistant then shoes can be put on otherwise it’s best to avoid shoes while exercising on the floor.
Check also: Best Exercise Mats
Through the above article, we tried to provide a glimpse of some of the affordable yoga mats along with their key features. As we are evolving, humans are shifting more toward spirituality and Yoga. Articles like this will surely help us discover the right mat for ourselves.