Do you want to perform longer yoga sessions without slipping? This is where our role comes in. We are here to provide you with the best non-slip yoga mats so you can perform any asana without the fear of slipping. In our collection, you will find all sorts of non-slip yoga mats, for example- thick yoga mats, eco-friendly yoga mats, yoga mats for best grip, etc.
Check also: Best Exercise Mats
Best Non-Slip Yoga Mats – Full Reviews
A yoga mat is the first thing that comes to mind when we think of yoga. Without a yoga mat, you will not be able to perform many asanas. It is strictly recommended to perform yoga asanas on a yoga mat only. So, without further delay, we will hand you a list of instructions, or you may call it a buying guide for a better shopping experience. We assure you that by the end of this article, you will be able to buy the best yoga mat. this list will be very helpful to those who are looking for the best non-slip exercise mats
Check also: Best Yoga Mat for Bad Knees
1. Gaiam non-slip yoga mat
This yoga mat has non-slippery properties. You can perform any asana or exercise on it. Also, it has some beautiful designs printed over it that will lure you into getting going every day. The interesting designs printed on it make it a perfect ground mat. Everyone that visits you will definitely like it.
- The yoga mat measures 68 inches in length and 24 inches in width.
- This yoga mat measures 6mm in thickness.
- It sticks on the ground and provides a non-slippery grip.
- Made up of PVC (Polyvinyl chloride).
- Non-toxic yoga mat.
- Anti-slip properties.
- Light-weight and durable.
- Good quality prints.
- Easy to carry while traveling.
- Might be foul-smelling.
2. Beauty Ovo non-slip yoga mat
This yoga mat comes with an elastic strap so that you can carry it anywhere without any hassle. You can carry it on your back while hiking or traveling. It fulfills all the necessary criteria of an ideal yoga mat. Beauty Ovo manufactures standard-quality non-slip yoga mats that are loved by everyone.
- This yoga mat measures 72 x 24 x 0.31 inches.
- Item weight is 2 pounds.
- The thickness of the mat is 8mm.
- Non-toxic thermoplastic elastomers.
- Good cushioning and sufficient thickness.
- Non-slippery texture and grip.
- Ideal for Pilates, yoga, and floor exercise.
- Mat might get separated or get bubbled up.
- Might start to peel.
3. Balance from a non-slip yoga mat
If you want perfect cushioning or extra cushioning while doing yoga asanas or Pilates, or any other floor exercises, you should buy this one. Its anti-slip properties also provide you mechanical support and protect you from getting injured. This yoga mat has perfect cushioning for reclining and seated yoga asanas.
- This item measures 24x6x6 inches.
- The thickness of this mat is 0.5 decimeters or ½ inches.
- The weight of the item is 1.8 Pounds.
- Comes with a stretchable strap.
- Comfortable for even full-figured people.
- Light in weight and durable.
- Easy to clean.
- Portable and scratch-resistant.
- Not suitable for laminate floors.
4. Umineux non-slip yoga mat
It is good to say that this yoga mat comes with alignment marks so that you do your exercises perfectly. If you are new to yoga, this yoga mat will act as your alignment teacher for sure. This yoga mat will provide you with the perfect positioning of hands, legs, and overall body postures. Buy this non-slip yoga mat for an unmatched yoga experience.
- Dimensions of this yoga mat- 72 x 24 x 1 inch.
- Yoga mat is 6mm thick.
- The weight of the yoga mat is 1.8 Pounds.
- Alignment marks and anti-tear body.
- Non-toxic thermoplastic elastomers material.
- Non-slip traction.
- Complimentary carry bags and adjustable straps.
- Sweat-proof and odorless mat.
- Not pet-friendly.
- Cannot perform the exercise while wearing footwear.
5. Heathyoga non-slip yoga mat
This yoga mat is one of our best picks as it fulfills all the necessary criteria of an ideal yoga mat. If you are highly sensitive to skin infections, you need this for your long yoga sessions. This yoga mat is eco-friendly as it is made up of harmless material used in making other yoga mats. This is the best non-slip yoga mat you have ever seen.
- The measurement of this yoga mat is 72 x 26 x 0.25 inches.
- The thickness of the yoga mat is 0.6cm.
- The weight of the mat is 2.2 Pounds.
- Body alignment features are there.
- Non-toxic and latex-free mat.
- Extra-long and wide.
- Reverse points and end-to-end lines.
- Odorless and sweat-proof.
- Double-layered for extra-cushioning.
- A little bit heavy yoga mat.
6. Gaiam non-slip yoga mat
If you have an eye for art, then this Gaiam yoga mat will be the best choice for you. There are beautiful illustrations printed on the Gaiam mats, which will keep you motivated. Also, these yoga mats are free of toxins and non-slip; therefore, you do not need to worry about environmental degradation.
- This yoga mat measures 68 x 24 x 0.08 inches.
- The weight of the item is 2 Pounds.
- This yoga mat is 2mm thick.
- The material used- Polyvinyl Chloride.
- Best mat for traveling purposes.
- Fits perfectly in a backpack.
- Provides stable footing.
- Comes with a carry bag and adjustable straps.
- This yoga mat is thinner as compared to others.
7. New Me fitness non-slip yoga mat
This yoga mat has instructions mentioned all over it. If you are a newbie yoga practitioner and want a non-slip yoga mat, then you may go for this one. This mat can be used for outdoor yoga classes also. It will not wear off even after rough usage. You can trust this one for long and sweaty yoga sessions.
- This yoga mat measures 28m in width and 68 m in length.
- The weight of this yoga mat is 2.6 Pounds.
- The thickness of this mat is 0.2mm.
- 70 yoga positions are printed over it.
- BPA and Phthalate free material.
- Easy to carry and easy to clean.
- Non-slippery technology.
- Highly durable and portable mat.
- The print might vanish with time.
- A little bit thin.
8. IUGA pro non-slip yoga mat
This yoga mat is broader and longer than other of its types. It will provide you comfort along with the power to stay focused for a longer duration of time as it is the best mat for hot yoga. If you are a pro, you should go for the IUGA pro yoga mat. Go for this non-slip yoga mat if you have back or body pain.
- SGS-certified polyurethane rubber material.
- This yoga mat measures 28.35 inches in length and 10.24 inches in width.
- This yoga mat is 0.5cm thick.
- The weight of the item is 2.8 Pounds.
- Best grip and non-slippery feature.
- Odorless and sweat-proof material.
- Long-lasting and light in weight.
- Certified material for hot yoga.
- A little bit expensive.
9. Cap Barbell non-slip yoga mats
This non-slippery yoga mat is a great option to have in mind while exploring different kinds of yoga mats on online shopping platforms. It comes in a solid pattern. If you are looking for a simple and sober yoga mat, this might be a great choice. You can also use it as a mat for your pets, as many buyers have given positive reviews after using it for their pets.
- The package dimensions of the item- 24.25 x 3.5 x 3.5 inches.
- Weight of the item-1.61 Pounds.
- The material used in making- is rubber.
- The thickness of the mat- is 3mm.
- Color- Blue.
- Pocket-friendly and durable mat.
- Comfy and easily portable.
- Lightweight and textured.
- Anti-slippery traction and highly durable.
- Some people find it thin.
10. Manduka pro non-slip yoga mat
This fantastic non-slip yoga mat comes in eight different colors. Along with this, it is a well-established brand that manufactures top-quality yoga mats that makes it superior to others in its category. Manduka yoga mat is only meant for people who are pros in yoga and exercises or who have expertise in selecting mats. If you also consider yourself a pro player, then you must buy this one.
- Dimensions of the yoga mat- 71 x 26 x 0.24 inches.
- The thickness of the mat- is 6mm.
- The material used in the mat- Polyvinyl Chloride.
- Weight of the item-7.5 Pounds.
- Lifelong warranty and easy to clean.
- Antiperspirant and non-slip features.
- Good grip with dense material packing.
- Provide stability and extra cushion support.
- Non-toxic polyvinyl chloride and lab tested.
- A bit costly and only for experts.
11. Ajna organic non-slip yoga mat
Nowadays, everyone is switching to organic products, so here is an effort to go green by Ajna organic non-slip yoga mat to promote a healthy and non-toxic environment.
This yoga mat is unique in its own way. It will provide you with the best grip along with an internal satisfaction that you are contributing to making the earth free of harmful chemicals.
- Item dimensions 2.83 x 0.94 x 0.2 inches.
- The material of the mat is jute.
- The weight of the mat is 2.2 kg.
- The thickness of the mat- 5mm.
- Odorless and non-slippery yoga mat.
- Excellent for sore knees.
- Eco-friendly and sustainable.
- Comfortable padding and low cost.
- Light in weight and comes with straps.
- Some practitioners find it non-durable.
12. Coolmoon non-slip yoga mat
If your budget is a little tight this month and you also need a quality yoga mat, then you should go for this Coolmoon non-slip yoga mat. This mat has hexagon texture all over it and also has anti-skid properties. It comes with more elasticity and grip. Most sports enthusiasts will find it useful. It is suitable for both newbies and yoga experts.
- The thickness of the yoga mat- is 0.25 inches.
- Item dimensions- 72 x 24 x 0.25 inches.
- Weight of the mat- 0.91 kg.
- Material of yoga mat- Thermoplastic elastomers.
- Closely packed material and sticky.
- Comfortable and odorless.
- Anti-tear and flexible for outdoor activities.
- Easy to carry and easy to clean.
- Might curl up when packed.
Before buying a yoga mat, you should be aware of all the qualities that a yoga mat should consist of. You should explore all the required features for a better yoga experience. Following are the features that one should check before buying a yoga mat:
- Thickness: An ideal yoga mat is usually 4-5mm thick. You should check the thickness first for your comfort.
- Length: A yoga mat measures 68 inches in length and 24 inches in width.
- Material: Yoga mats are made up of polyvinyl chloride, natural rubber, TPE, PU, NBR, etc.
- Grip: A yoga mat should provide proper grip so one may not slip while doing asanas.
- Sweat-absorbent: Your yoga mat should be antiperspirant or sweat-absorbent so that you do not get infected by any skin disease.
Check also: Best Cheap Yoga Mats
Q1: Which yoga mats are eco-friendly?
Ans: PVC, rubber, TPE, jute, and microfiber yoga mats are available in the market. You can go for those which are non-toxic.
For example, natural rubber and cork yoga mats are entirely eco-friendly and affordable also.
Q2: What should be the thickness of an ideal yoga mat?
Ans: The thickness of the yoga mats ranges from 2mm-6mm. You can buy a thicker one if you like more cushioning and comfort, but if you are a frequent traveler, we suggest you buy a thin yoga mat so that it can be easily carried.
Q3: What is the ideal size of a yoga mat?
Ans: An ideal yoga mat should be 24 inches wide and 68 inches in length. A yoga mat that is smaller than this size cannot be suitable for a tall person. It will also not be ideal for a full-figured man.
Q4: Are non-slip yoga mats any good?
Ans: Yes, it is an important feature of a yoga mat as you will not be able to perform all the asanas and exercises if you do not have a non-slippery yoga mat.
We hope that you have prepared a list of features that you want in your yoga mat, so we wish you good luck with your next purchase. We recommend you reread the article and choose according to your need. We have lab-tested all these non-slip yoga mats to ease your shopping experience. Always remember, it is very important to have a good yoga mat because it also encourages you to do your workout regularly. In case you have a torn-out yoga mat, replace it with a new one; otherwise, you will end up postponing your yoga session.